CCleaner – With all the activities and surfing and downloading that we do on our laptops and computers, a lot of junk is bound to accumulate, causing the device to slow down. Ccleaner is among the cleaning applications that help in clearing this junk, while at the same time preserving the files that you hold important. It has been the most popular cleaner since its launch, and continues to maintain that reputation.
CCleaner is a highly rated utility program by Piriform used to free up valuable disk space on computers by cleaning up potentially unwanted files like registry entries and temporary internet files. Aside from cleaning, it is also a privacy and system optimization tool. Some key features of CCleaner include; faster computer speeds as it cleans collected unused files, boosting the speed instantly.
You also get to browse more safely and in anonymity, as it erases your browsing data. This includes history and cookies that can be used to track your online behaviour. CCleaner gives your PC more stability by clearing out clutter from your registry that may cause crashes and frequent error messages. It can facilitate quick startup too, by enabling you to disable programs that you don’t need that often run in the background during startup. Also, by erasing log files, cookies and browser history, it boosts security seeing as that is where malware tends to reside. Lastly, you get to save some coins with CCleaner as it lowers support costs by improving efficiency.
Why should you choose CCleaner?
The Ccleaner is highly efficient, and unlike most of the other cleaners that tend to take up a lot of space on the laptop, it keeps most of your RAM free. It has an intelligent scanning system to mark out the Cache downloaded together with any of your softwares. Furthermore, it does not attempt to delete any files that do not classify as junk or Cache, which is an added bonus: you do not need to skim through its check list to uncheck the boxes of files which you would want to keep.
• Recycle Bin.
• Recent Documents.
• Temporary files.
• Log files.
• DNS Cache.
• Registry Cleaner.
• Third-party applications.
• Browsers Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies.
What are the Ccleaner pros?
Apart from the above mentioned reasons, Ccleaner provides its users with other advantages as well:
1. Its cleaning system is powerful. It does not faultily leave out any junk once it is launched.
2. It uses the system of Cookies to pinpoint junk. This is one of the best systems devised so far.
3. As compared to its expensive competitors, it is just as efficient and works just the same, but without any cost. The cleaner is downloaded completely free.
4. It gives notifications at a set time about your junk, prompting you to clean your PC. This means that you do not need to be on high alert to clean out the junk: once installed, the cleaner will remain alert on your behalf.
5. It is a regularly updated cleaner. The recent 3.0 version of the application makes its appearance better and more appealing than before. This keeps the application fresh and its users interested.
6. The cleaner supports Chrome and even the 9th version of Explorer. Internet Explorer has been abandoned by most of the other applications, but whether or not Explorer should become obsolete for you is decided by you: the cleaner gives you an opportunity to use it.
What are the Ccleaner cons?
Well, there is a thorn with every rose. The cons for Ccleaner are as follows:
1. When downloaded, it will probably add a new taskbar to your browser and make Chrome the homepage and browser by default. Most people do not have a problem with this because Chrome is still the most popular browser. For a select few, this feature needs to be unchecked especially during download.
2. It cannot be used too enthusiastically. If used day after day, it will probably cause troubles with your PC speed and performance.
Summing it all Up:
Ccleaner is a powerful tool, which is highly advocated by the critics. However, one needs to know how to use it and when to use it. At best, let it scan twice a week and the functioning will remain smooth.