There are many messaging applications that offer video calls and ooVoo is one of the best ones out there. This application was specifically designed for several mediums of communication, whether messaging or voice and video calling. During its prime years, ooVoo was the preferred application to use for conference calls among business people due to its easy-to-use features that cater specifically to their needs.
Here are some of the features that make ooVoo stand out from its competitors:
- FREE: This is one of the most attractive features of any application. Due to the fact that the application uses the device’s internet connection, the user does not have to worry about paying any extra fees. All the mediums of communicating on this application are free, this includes messaging, and voice and video calls.
- MULTIPLE DEVICES: The application can be installed on any device, whether a mobile phone or laptop or desktop. The devices can also be synchronized so that contacts on one device can be available on the other one as well.
- PICTURES AND VIDEOS: The application allows you to send pictures and videos that are on your device to your contacts.
- FINDING FRIENDS: Once the application is installed and opened, it automatically connects to the device’s contacts so that it is very easy to find contacts that have already been saved on the device.
- UNLIMITED: The application does not have a limit on how many messages you can send or how many voice or video calls you make. As long as your device has a stable internet connection, you can make calls that go on for as long as you like.
- HIGH QUALITY: Low sound and video quality can be very frustrating, but ooVoo users never have to worry about that. Due to its high voice and video quality, it is the preferred application to use for conference calls.
- CONFERENCE CALLS: One of the advantages of developing technology is the ability to communicate with different people without the need for everyone to be in the same place. Many applications only allow calls between two users. However, ooVoo allows video calls between up to twelve participants, making it the application of choice for business and conference calls.
- PRIVACY: For those who enjoy their privacy, you can easily adjust your settings so that only people who know your email address or your ooVoo ID can find you. However, if you are more open, you can change it so that anyone who hopes to contact you can find you in the search bar.
- SECURITY: If anyone is being harassed or they experience cyberbullying, they have the option to block another user in the settings menu. Users can also choose whether they want to accept or decline a message request from someone they do not know or someone they do not wish to communicate with.
- RECORDING: In case of memorable or important video calls, users can record the chat to view it again at a later date.
ooVoo was an award-winning application that received accolades for its impressive communication features. Unfortunately, ooVoo announced its shut-down in 2017.