After years of taking advantage of various means to connect with each other, social distancing might well be the phrase that this year will be known for. That’s hell for most people. But for the chosen few who thrive in the seclusion of their own homes, social distancing is paradise.
qBittorrent is a free, open-source application that runs on all major OS such as Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, OS/2 or FreeBSD. Initially developed in March 2006 with to offer an alternative to other similar torrent managers.
Aside from the availability of support in 70 languages which is contributed by users from around the globe here are some of its other features:
· Free from those pesky pop-up ads
· Unified and extensive search engine within the qBittorrent client when plug-ins are installed.
· Find files from other Torrent sites simultaneously.
· Find not just videos but eBooks, audio files, and software as well.
· Excellent download filters via RSS (Rich Site Summary), a web feed application that enables your system to download your preferred movies and TV shows automatically when available.
· Supports several Bittorrent extensions.
· Backed by Magnet links.
· Share files through Distributed Hash Table (DHT), Peer Exchange Protocol (PEX), and Local Peer Discovery (LSD).
· Accepts contributions from private torrents that allow the user to share files to a selected few.
· Stay anonymous through encrypted connections.
· Stuck in the long lines in the grocery? Have your files downloaded and ready to go by running the program remotely through a Web user interface.
· As potent as the regular GUI.
· Download files chronologically but with the help of sequential downloading, users can watch a video file while it is still downloading.
· Cutting-edge control over torrents, trackers and peers.
· Allows download queuing and prioritizing.
· Lets users choose the download content.
· Organize your bandwidth strength so everyone using the same internet connection gets a fair share.
· Contains a torrent creation device.
· IP Filtering is often used to block or hide your IP address.
· Manageable with IPv6.
· UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding guide acts also as a precautionary measure to protect the user’s IP location.
The program uses very little CPU memory space, only a total of 133MB, and displays detailed torrent info so users can avoid downloading unnecessary files. One of the best features of qBittorrent is that it can tag team with your VPN interface. This averts any attempt by the program from downloading or uploading anything that is not covered by your VPN connection. This means that even if your VPN connection is switched off, your system stays safe. Most importantly, when connected to the internet with very little signal disruptions, the program can suck in bits at ultra-high speed.
Social distancing may be the two most dreaded words by everyone right now. Little do people know that sitting in your house with your feet up, eating your favorite snacks, and with unlimited shows and movies at your disposal, is priceless.