The SHAREit app can be downloaded for every popular OS and device brand. These include:
The file transfer is performed seamlessly between different devices and operating systems. Besides, files can be received from the web, using a regular internet browser (however, you need the SHAREit app to send the file).
The following are some of the most notorious features and characteristics of SHAREit:
- Works significantly faster than Bluetooth without compromising the file quality, with up to 200x more speed. The transfer rate reaches 20 MB/s.
- All kinds of files are supported, including photo files, music files, video files as well as apps.
- Includes an embedded video player with HD streaming to let you watch video files on the fly (all formats are supported).
- Ability to play high quality audio files in online and offline mode thanks to a built-in audio player.
- Can be personalized with wallpapers and stickers that can be additionally downloaded, allowing for a complete customization.
One of the newest features of SHAREit is secure anonymous messaging, currently only available on PC. You can exchange messages with other devices using an encrypted peer-to-peer connection. Group messaging is also supported, which means that the app supports group chats. You can have a conversation with multiple people while exchanging files at the same time. You can add and import friends and synch contacts.
Mobile users of SHAREit can enjoy a simple authentication process: log in by simply entering your phone number. That way, you don’t have to separately register with the app in order to start transferring files. After you type your phone number once, you can log in automatically each time you open the app again. For a better mobile connection, you can also enable the GPS. Overall, the SHAREit app is simple and easy to use.
SHAREit makes it very easy to receive files no matter what device you’re currently using. You can send files from one device and receive them on another one. Best of all, in order to receive files, you don’t even have to have the SHAREit app installed, thanks to its WebShare functionality.
In order to send files, simply press the “Send” button in the main menu, select the files, then press “Send” again. If you’re on mobile, you’ll have the option to locate the nearby Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices. Similarly, press the “Receive” button if you want to receive files from another device.
The WebShare feature lets you download the transferred files without having the app installed: simply share the download link that you’ll receive. In order to use this feature, make sure to press “More” in the main menu, then press “WebShare”.