Uber Technologies Inc, or simply Uber for short, is a ride-hailing company that was founded in 2009 and is originally from America but it is now used everywhere in the world. The application for Uber allows its users to hail a ride for transportation sake, whether you want to go somewhere or another example includes when you want to have food delivered to you. Anyone who owns a car and has a valid driver’s license can become an Uber driver as a means of earning money.
Here are some of the features of the Uber app:
- REAL-TIME: Users can access details of their ride like where they are, which route they are taking, traffic warnings, and an estimation on the time of their arrival at their destination. These details can also be shared with their contacts in the event they need to inform a friend that they will be late for a date, or in case a loved one wants to know exactly where they are. All this information can be shared by simply choosing the “Share Your Trip” option.
- SCHEDULED RIDES: If you know about meetings or events that you have to attend days or weeks before it happens, you can already schedule a pick-up in advance. Pick-ups can be scheduled up to 30 days prior to the event. This feature helps busy people so that they can take care of it early and not worry about it at the last minute.
- SPLIT FARES: In the event that you will be sharing a ride with your friends, you can easily calculate how much each person owes by using the “Split Fare” option of the Uber app. All you need to do is select the contacts with whom you will be splitting a fare and they will receive a text message for confirmation. If all parties agree to the split, then they will be sent the amount they need to pay. This removes the struggle of calculating how much each person pays or the unfair decision of one person needing to pay the full amount.
- MULTIPLE DESTINATIONS: If you are planning a night out with friends, you can also arrange for your Uber driver to pick everyone up. All you need to do is select the “Add Stop” option and enter the location. This applies for pick-ups or drop-offs. The stops can be added before or during your ride without any hassle. Passengers also have the option of deleting a stop in case someone changes their mind.
- RIDES FOR SOMEONE ELSE: If you know someone who needs a ride but they do not have the Uber app, you can schedule an Uber ride for them. The same principles apply – just type where they will be picked up and where they will be dropped off. If you are feeling generous, you can even pay for their ride, but if not, your friend can pay the driver in cash.
Uber’s success in America is the main reason why it was adopted in other countries all around the world. With this ride-hailing application, you never have to worry about transportation. The Uber app is continuously improved so that riders can experience comfort and security with every ride.