Messaging is considered a basic necessity for people living in the 21st century. The world thrives on communication, which is why several messaging applications continue to improve their software in the competition to be the best. WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging applications in the world, thanks to the numerous features it has to offer to ensure convenience, simplicity, and security.
The following are some of the features offered by the WhatsApp app:
- FREE: The application uses the phone’s internet connection to send and receive messages, which means that the user does not have to pay a fee every single time they send a message.
- COLOURFUL: Messages can be more creative thanks to the numerous emojis offered by the application, as well as several stickers and a collection of gifs that are readily available.
- VOICE NOTES: If you are in a rush, or if you simply don’t feel like typing, you can send a voice note. There is even an option to lock a voice note so that you don’t have to continuously press down on the recording button.
- GROUP CHAT: In the event of group projects or work-related conversations with several colleagues, group chats can be created for convenience. That way, everyone can stay informed about what’s going on.
- WHATSAPP DESKTOP: Most users have the Whatsapp app on their cellphone for convenience sake. However, in the event that they are busy using their phone, but still need to use WhatsApp, they can download the application on their desktop. The two devices can be synchronized so that either one can be used.
- CALLING: WhatApp offers both voice and video calling for those who wish to have a more personal form of communication. Once again, since the application uses the phone’s internet connection, the user does not have to worry about paying expensive fees for calls. This even allows the user to make international calls for free.
- END-TO-END ENCRYPTIONS: WhatsApp prides itself on its security, offering the safest form of communication. Thanks to secure encryption, users can be assured that whatever personal information they send through the application, only they and the person they are communicating with can see it.
- ATTACHMENTS: This messaging application is capable of sending more than just messages. Pictures, videos, documents, music and more can be sent just as easily as sending a message, as long as they do not exceed the 100MB limit. With the built-in camera, you can even send a picture of the moment around you with just the push of a button.
- PERSONALIZE: Users can personalize their WhatsApp profile by adding a profile picture of their choice, as well as a short biography.
- STATUS UPDATES: If you want to share what you are thinking or experiencing at the moment, post a status update, either in the form of a text, picture, or video. This will be seen by all your contacts on WhatsApp.
WhatsApp has been used by the public since 2009, and people continue to use it due to its simplicity and convenience, and also due to the fact that it is free. The creators also continue to improve the application to suit the needs of its users.