Skype is a free software that allows you to communicate with people from all over the world through online calls, video calls, phone calls and instant messages. It is available on a variety of devices, which includes:
- Desktop (Windows, Mac OS X and Linux);
- Mobile phone (Android, iPhone and Windows 10 mobile);
- Tablet (iPad, Tablet Android, Windows and Kindle Fire HD);
- Xbox One;
- Amazon Echo devices (Alexa).
Some of the newest features include:
Screen sharing on mobile phones
A very useful feature already available on the Desktop version, now you can also use the screen sharing tool on your mobile phone. That way, it’s easier to allow your contacts to see your presentation or class.
Having multiple conferences at the same time can be daunting. The split exhibition tool allows you to keep your conversations separate, thus preventing you from mixing conversations.
Call landline and mobile phones
Sometimes, you might need to make an actual phone call. Now you can use Skype to call both landline and mobile phones from anywhere in the world, at a reduced cost.
Order your own local or foreign number so you can take calls on Skype.
HD-Quality video calls
In order to add more realism to your calls, you can now improve the quality of your video calls with HD resolution.
Now you can see live subtitles of audio calls and video calls. Read what people are saying as your call happens.
Record your audio calls and video calls with this new feature. It is a perfect way to keep the most important moments of a call or even to share a meeting with a coworker who was absent.
Aside from these features, Skype also offers an intuitive, easy-to-use dashboard, where you can easily find your chat history, files, links and photos. In addition, you can use the Skype Web from anywhere in the world to stay in touch with your friends and family. All you need is a reliable internet connection.
You can also talk to people who are not on Skype. Here are three ways to do that:
- By making phone calls to landline phones as well as mobile phones with Skype credits. The charges are lower than the average phone carrier. Depending on where you’re calling from, Skype also offers subscription plans that make the calls even cheaper;
- By having a local Skype number. Skype numbers are available in 26 countries/regions, and they can be purchased at a fixed price. Having a Skype number allows you to receive unlimited calls on your computer, smartphone or tablet. There are many payment options available;
- By online SMS messages, any time, anywhere.
Additional features include:
- Skype Extension
- Skype Connect
- Skype for Outlook
- Sharing Buttons
- Caller ID
- Skype To Go
- Search Bar
- Call Forwarding
- Skype Translator
- Location Sharing
- Blurred Background
Whether you need it for a business meeting, live class or simply stay in touch with friends and family, Skype has all the solutions you need to keep you connected to those who matter.